Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Gardening in my Roots, mid-to-late March

No picture this week; nothing to show except snap peas.

On Sunday I replanted spinach, of which only a little has emerged, and realized how dusty bone dry the top two inches of the soil is. That will never do!

I was pleased to see a little Swiss Chard had struggled up, but not a single beet or any sign of radishes. Which makes me wonder...when I planted carrots (a few are up!) and radishes near them as a "nurse crop", did I intend to go plant the radishes later and then forget all about them?  I've never, ever seen radish seeds fail to grow!

So I replanted a few carrots and added plenty of radishes. Then I took my new watering wand and sprinkled them all down plentifully.

The next five days will be predictable. Get up. Go to Work. Come home. Sprinkle the garden.

No comments: