Tuesday, June 30, 2026

Mammoth Workhorse, Day 10

Monday, May 25

A very rainy Memorial day. I saw a rainbow to the west in the morning, but it did not signify that the rains were over...they weren't even started yet.

We splurged for a late-ish breakfast (10:00) at At NewClock Diner. The place was very crowded on account of the holiday. We were seated immediately but the food was slow. Ethan finished reading the first story I wrote. He smiled a couple of times at my lame humor.

Afterwards I went jogging. It was a good jog but I could see patches of rain in the distance here and there. Toward the end, sprinkles and a little thunder got me headed toward the RV park. But I managed 45 minutes and finished my Murderbot audiobook before the deluge began.

They were still all sitting around, of course.

Then it started raining, lots. Intermittent and not a huge quantity, but way too much to enjoy playing outside. Eventually we took our new ping-pong gear and invaded the playroom. We played all afternoon. KFC for supper. I will never do that again--KFC ignored our requests and just packaged the default dinner. What a waste.

I am beginning to get itchy feet. Ready to move! So much cool stuff to see and I am stuck right here. Damn. I've washed the same dishes a thousand times and cooked way too many pots of rice. At least Ed did the pork chops and the grilling.

 

No comments: