Monday August 31, 2026
I don’t usually like to leave on a Monday. It’s adding one more option to Murphy’s pool of disaster. Nothing good happens on a Monday.
Ed woke up with gas but he took a Gas-X and it’s better now that he’s driving.
We just got off I-35 onto Highway 380 at Denton, which is a horrible mess. But
after going south then southwest and then north, it’s nice to finally be going
west again.
It's a very nice RV Park, this Ole Town Cotton Gin place. Dry and hot of course but they’re trying--with the tree plantings and the sprinklers and all. The dog park is small but better than nothing. No picnic tables at sites. Very nice people on the phone. Traffic noise and train in distance, otherwise very quiet and peaceful. Lots of green grass (for West Texas).
Review: Ole Town Cotton Gin RV Park Site 18. About $41.
Very nice—dry and hot but they’re trying
Dry and hot of course but they’re trying to make it pleasant with the tree plantings and the sprinklers and all.
We had a nice pull-thru spot with full hookups. No problems with anything. The sites are close together, of course, but I’ve seen worse. It was easy to get in and out.
The manager was very, very nice. I made the reservation months early and by the time we were due to arrive all their sites had filled up. I think it’s from some construction nearby. But they honored my reservation; she called me a few days before my arrival to get the credit card number for charging. Which was fine with me—I just wanted a space for the night.They had a nice little dog park.





No comments:
Post a Comment