Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 33 of Dog

Rain. Cold. This is going to be the hardest month of having this dog. She doesn't seem to understand going into the doghouse to get out of the rain, which is not surprising seeing as how the cage she spent most of her life in didn't have a doghouse. Nor did it have rain.

It was forty degrees outside this morning when I got up the second time, so I let her in. (The first time was at seven, as my habit: I feed them and then put them out.) I'm going to do the dreaded vet visit on Tuesday and then move my schedule back a half-hour. That should allow me to have her outside a shorter time before breakfast, the coldest time of the day.

It was so cold for our lesson today I took her around inside the house and then went out on the front porch. I couldn't get her off the porch, but at least we have a new place under our belt.

No comments: