Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 158 rain and its reward

NTR and probably no pictures either. It's raining, which is great, but that doesn't make for much good gardening or picture-taking either. I put up the hummingbird feeders yesterday--at least two weeks late. And this morning I had a hummingbird already.

My little Izzy is inside. She just can't get the hang of rain and still doesn't know what a doghouse is for. She seems to think doghouses are things to make a shady spot when the sun's going down behind them.

Something is bothering my beans. Some are as big and healthy as a body could hope for, but others appear to have the leaves eaten off at the stem. I can't tell if it's a blight and the leaves are just failing to develop or if some sneaky little varmint is snacking on the tender leaves. Whatever is is, I promise not to touch them or even go near them when the plants are wet--if it's a disease; I'm not going to spread it.

No comments: