Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 285 - candy from strangers

Working on taking the treat again.  I spent a small eternity in Petsmart today and came up with two different flavors of treats that had meat as the primary ingredient.  Then I stopped at Kroger and bought a pack of string cheese.

So...the result?  No progress to speak of.  She wouldn't take it, of course, but after I gave it to her by putting it in her cage, she brought it out and lay on the blanket to eat it.  Then she saw me and ran back inside, leaving the treat in plain sight where Zack promptly acquired it.  I took it away from him and gave it back to her.  Finally, after a couple of minutes, I heard a soft crunching.

Real bacon might do the trick but I won't buy CAFO bacon and I didn't feel like making a trip to Local Yokel.  Whole foods market has pasture-raised pork, too, but it always seems to take forever to go there.  I'll check it out later this week.

No comments: