Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 297 Autumn peppers






Peppers rule!

They can struggle through 100+ degree days of summer and still be happily fruitful in the fall.  I watered them intermittently but only intermittently--most days they wilted badly in the summer sun and only came back to life at night.  Freeze is the only thing that will stop them.







I'm trying to amass the willpower to spend a few hours in the garden, getting a bed ready for turnips.  It's not going to happen this weekend, but that's okay.  As long as I plant the seeds while the ground is warm enough for sprouting, they'll grow all winter.

Izzy and Werewolf got their claws cut today.  Sort of.  Izzy fought me every minute and I forgot the Dog-Singerer trick.  Werewolf wasn't happy to let me touch his front left paw.  He even whimpered a little, but I wasn't twisting or pulling or doing anything bad.  So I didn't get a good cut on that one.  I'm thinking of trying again tomorrow...with bribes.

No comments: