Monday, September 7, 2015

Mahem reminiscent of Supernatural but without wimps


The Haunted Air
by F. Paul Wilson




I think I'm coming in in the middle of a series here and I don't even care.  This was great!  Everybody kicked butt, even the Chihuahua. Guns and bombs and hurricanes; witches and hexes; mutants and normal people with twisted motives--it's got it all.

Repairman Jack is a man without an official identity.  We don't learn why in this book, but I suspect the first one in the series told it. Or one of the first books--it appears to be one of those series where the author went back and wrote several prequels. I actually set out to get the "real" first book (The Tomb) but either the library catalog was wrong or else someone had picked it up right before I got there.  So I grabbed this one.

Hmm...correction to that. This is supposedly the sixth book in the series.  I have a lot of catching up to do.



No comments: