Thursday, September 21, 2017

Short and slightly stupid sorry

Everything Leads to You
by

Surprisingly thoughtful. Unsurprisingly sweet. I enjoyed it, but kind of wish I hadn't wasted my time on it. Weird, right?

It's about the intersections of lives; about lust versus love; friendship of the best sort; and the bitter misunderstandings that occur when people stop talking to each other.

Highly recommended as an antidote to romance novels...but...I don't read romance novels much anymore and never really did.  This is more like...romance with brain engaged and (mostly) in control. 

I've got it!  As much as I liked all the characters, I didn't truly feel the thing--the mysterious fascination with the object of desire that I needed to feel to truly participate. I was a spectator and a spectator I remained.  Stupid me.

No comments: