Wednesday, September 13, 2017

State of the Garden Report, sagging September

Depressing despite the fact I've got Brassicas coming out my rear end and there's a new swatch of shallots rising.  The four tomato plants are blooming, even though they're tiny.  But...the beets all vanished into the ground. Not a sign of a radish, carrot, lettuce or spinach. Why Would I be surprised?

It won't be the first time I've lost a crop. And yet...can't I even grow radishes?  Radishes, chapter one of Gardening for Dummies?



Nope, and it's not even my fault. It's the stupid weather. I forgot to take a soil temperature last weekend, but with highs over 90 and lows in the seventies, the temperature is probably jsut too darn warm for them to germinate. I can only hope they didn't start to germinate and then dry up and wither away...like the beets.







The pumpkins are doing okay...I hope.










Harvest time for horseradish!  Now...what to make of it...?




No comments: