Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Today I'm eating...

Mediterranean Chickpea Quinoa Bowl  [sorry no picutre]
...but not really. Considering how I monkeyed with the recipe, it's a lie to even pretend I made the dish. Could I call it, Mediterranean Chickpea Quinoa Riff on a Bowl?

At any rate, the idea was superb. Quinoa, chickpeas, roasted red pepper, garlic, olives....
Since I didn't have roasted red peppers, I simmered some chopped red pepper and garlic in a little olive oil.  I left out the feta cheese (yuck!), the almonds (accident), and the parsley (no way am I touching my lovely little sprig in the herb garden). Instead of assembling the salad in bowls,  then whisking the dressing together and serving part on the bowl and the other part on the side, I chunked it all together and added a sprinkle of Kosher salt. I left out the cucumber too but only because I'm planning to keep it for a few days while I eat a little for lunch each day. I'll try to remember to add cucumber to each serving as I make it.

No comments: