Sunday, July 5, 2020

Some little inspiration

Your Pace or Mine?
What Running Taught Me About Life, Laughter and Coming Last

by Lisa Jackson

It was okay. I wasn't swept off my feet or even inspired all that much although it did cause me to increase my normal jogging pace a tad. All that talk about racing made me think about whether I'd ever be willing to undertake a race myself, just so I could brag that I'd done it. But I just don't get the point--or actually, I do get the point. People race in order to be together.

They train together too, and that's a big part of it. But when she writes about her favorite--and least favorite--races, she mostly writes about who they hung out with and how they encouraged each other. 
"For me, running is about 'we time', not 'me time'....

No comments: