Friday, February 19, 2021

Binging on the Ladybug Farm series

A Year on Ladybug Farm,
At Home on Ladybug Farm
Love Letters From Ladybug Farm,
and
Vintage Ladybug Farm


I loved Donna Ball's Raine Stockton dog mysteries so much, I ventured to try one of these. And, as you can see, I was hooked. The first three were available at the library and I even made a special library trip to pick it up.

One of them even made me cry--it was so touchingly wonderful, like real life is when a dark cloud is hanging over your head for months and suddenly it is lifted. Obviously I can't give the details. But I can say this: these books are sweet and charming and very much not for everyone. Nothing really awfully bad ever happens. There are no villains although there are a few extremely incompetent repairmen who ought to get the boot. It's a sweet, simple story of three women who bond together over a lifetime of shared experience. And end up buying a farm. And what a farm!

Goats appear. Roofs collapse. A mysterious nighttime marauder steals vegetables. Neighbors help out when least expected. Storms wipe out crops. Sheep wear clothing. And after many strange discoveries, they learn that it's not just a farm, it's a farm with a history.

Would I love to live there!

No comments: