Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Book review: Alligators Eat Marshmallows

Alligators Eat Marshmallows (And Other Things I Learned On My 10,000 Mile Road Trip Around The USA!)
by Tony James Slaters

A Brit who became an Aussie takes, as the title says, a road trip. He'd always wanted to visit the USA but couldn't afford it...until he got the bright idea of letting his readers sponsor the overnight housing and set up speaking engagements for him.  And his wife, who does all the driving.

It's pretty funny, very chuckle-worthy at times. I don't know that I laughed out loud at all, but I did reread a couple of especially clever bits.  Very much worth what I paid for it (free with my Kindle Unlimited subscription, so that probably works out to about 2-3 dollars per book.

I'll sign up for one of his others and see if he can keep me interested.  By the way, he has a lot of great tips for out of the ordinary places to go. And a lot of great tips about what motels NOT to stay in. They went from Super 8 to Motel 6 to Days Inn, and down from there, poor guys.

No comments: