Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Magnus Goes to the Red Rock Country, Day 17

Thursday, September 26

 

 

Cochiti Lake, farewell.



Good-bye to parks and lovely views. We returned to Tucumcari for the night at an RV park--Blaze-In Saddle RV Park, to be exact.

It was a nice place but very crowded and cramped. The manager was very nice.
Little or no shade, which is to be expected in the desert. It was convenient, but had some road noise.  There was a dog run but no place else to walk dogs.  I noticed one of the permanent residents come home, let out their dogs--loose--to run and take a quick dump outside the dog park.  They called the dogs back and, I guess, went inside. I didn't see them again. And luckily, Molly didn't see them at all.

I don't remember anything else about the place. It was just blah.  But for supper, we returned to Las Chaparitas restaurant. Yummy!  This time I had Camarones Diablos (or some such thing.)  And I asked for charro beans instead of the rice, so they brought me out two bowls of beans. What they called a salad was pretty lame, but with $1.95 of avocado topping it, it was better than most restaurant salads.

No comments: