Saturday, October 5, 2024

Magnus Goes to the Red Rock Country, Day 6

Sunday, September 15

We drove way up in elevation--over 7000 as we passed the Cocono Mountains.





And ended up crossing the bridge over the Colorado, just above the cursed Lake Powell.  The RV Park and Marina was just a mile or so further on, on the hill overlooking the lake.

 




Our site had a little bit of a view, but there were other, back-in sites in the front row that had a better one. We should try for one of those next time. I don't remember if I chose this site or not, but I suspect it was assigned to me.

It was a little expensive, but very nice for an RV park. The sites were immaculate and well laid out so it didn't feel like an RV park. We weren't lined up in rows, but instead spaced out more like a State Park would be.  And there was a lot of vegetation--desert, of course--including Pinon Pine, Desert Willow, and other things I didn't know the name of. Loverly.

If I give it a review, note: concrete pad, full hookup. Starlink speedtest only gave us 29 mbps, but there were no obstructions so it was quite acceptable.

All in and around the campground were wide pink rock walking paths,  that weren't hot on the dogs' feet like asphalt would have been.  Very pretty and enjoyable walks.

And they've done a good job on keeping their outdoor lighting to a minimum.

I'd definitely come here again. Maybe in the summer, when we can go swimming in the lake.

 The park


The lake, very low
On our walk, Molly and I crossed from Arizona to Utah.
The poor, dammed Colorado
Monstrousity!

 

We ate dinner at Gone West Family Restaurant, a steak house with some vegetarian options. We had a family-sized salad to share, enough for four people. Ed asked for extra blue cheese dressing so they brought out two big bowls, of which we only ate one. Oops--I took the leftover salad home, but there was no point in taking all that dressing.  Ed had the rib-eye steak and I had a veggie wrap. It came with french fries, which were interestingly shaped but not all that great tasting. But I was able to take half of the wrap back for another meal.

No comments: