Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 312 Guard dogs, hah.



Yesterday was a cooking day--I should say, death by cooking day.  I started at 5-ish and ended up at 7-ish, but didn't finish the dishes until unholy hours.

I made this minor masterpiece:








Enchiladas verdes, beef fajitas, Spanish rice, queso, guacamole and fresh fruit salad.








Never count on a dog for protection.  Or even a pack of dogs.  Today we had to go for our walk after dusk, when the road was barely visible under our feet.  And I saw a snake.

None of the dogs saw it or smelled it.  To say in their defense, it wasn't moving.  It was waiting at the side of the road, head up and testing the air.  I think it was a garter snake--two bright stripes on either side of a lighter green stripe.  But still!  If it had been a rabbit, they all three would have warned me about it!

No comments: