Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 333 - one good dog, anyway

Callie's contribution to her Germanic heritage--

Apfelkuchen.  I didn't get any but the batter left in the bowl was wicked.

On the dog front, Izzy is doing better about knowing when the mozarella cheese bits are raining on her pen area.  She'll come out to fetch them and not even take them back into her hiding place to eat.  Sooner or later she'll be taking them from my hand again.  If the cat doesn't get her.

On a soberer note, I suddenly realized that I might actually hurt Zack's windpipe with the leash and collar.  He's taken to going wild when a neighbor dog backs at us from behind a fence.  I've learned to keep a short leash on him so he doesn't get a running start and jerk himself flat.  But my little corrections--to remind him not to charge--have to be done with a gentle, pint-sized dog in mind.  I'm mentally switching back and forth between holding onto a big dog, a medium dog, and a runt--what if I messed up?

If this doesn't get under control after a few more walks I may have to get him a harness.

No comments: