Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Does any book that starts with "Eat" get auto-advanced in to-read lists?


Eats, Shoots and Leaves
by Lynne Truss





Yeah, it was funny.  Not as funny as I expected but with a title like that, I was over-hyped.

Now, I know where, to use, my commas.  Not comma's--that would get you shot in this book.  And yes, my first sentence was a blatant illustration of where not to use your commas.  I know better now.

And I do so much want to get a dark red sharpie and carry it everywhere in my hip pocket, whipping it out and applying it fearlessly whenever an apostrophe is abused!  Or missing!  (Although I may have to carry the book in my other pocket and check it from time to time.  It's hard to see what's not there.) 

Correct?  the teacher's chair--yes. Correct?  The children's chair--better check!  Children is already a plural so maybe it doesn't need an apostrophe.

Ow.  I guess I better read it over again.

No comments: