Saturday, June 18, 2016

Belated post from last weekend

What a weekend for cooking!  I did myself proud--or shameless--at the farmer's market on Saturday morning; came back and jogged for an hour; then did absolutely no prep work for Sunday.

Sunday was, needless to say, painful.  But I've a fridge full of tasty eats for a week of meals, not to mention a couple of things I totally forgot to prepare.  Another weekend's worth, I hope.

Breakfast today was Oatmeal with Blueberry-Ginger Sauce--promising but not enough salt and honey and ginger flavor to suit my taste.  Very clever way to get chia seeds into your breakfast and not know they're there.

Dinner tonight will be Green-Packed Stir-fry with Quinoa, washed down with a lot of wine. Note to self (and everyone else)--if you can't cut up a chili pepper without choke-coughing, it's hot!  I don't remember what they were, only that they were red and little bigger than the average grocery store Jalapeno.  Probably Anaheim but they're usually quite mild.  I used 1-1/2 rather than the 3 listed in the recipe but it's still pretty scary.





And then lunch--Blackeye Pea Cakes with Collards. Great way to fix greens and a pretty cool way with blackeyes.



All recipes adapted from http://joanne-eatswellwithothers.com/


No comments: