Monday, July 4, 2016

Molly's life, with recipes

I really need to learn to resist my affinity for memoirs with recipes.  Or at the least, I need to always purchase the electronic copy.  Once again, I've ended up at the end of one--A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg--with dozens of little bookmarks at recipes that need to be laboriously copied into my to-try file.

I master the technology to scan them into PDFs, but seldom bother to use it; instead convincing myself that if I really want to try a recipe, I'll take the time to copy it out by hand.

As to this one, I can say without reservations, that I enjoyed 95% of it. Toward the end the memoir got thinnish and the recipes came faster; I read a few of them but in general, I'm not into reading recipes for pleasure.  And this book gave a lot of pleasure.

Mostly vegetarian, too, but seldom vegan.  I don't blame her and her husband for loving a good cheese; I'm just trying to stay away from the stuff.  but if you're a cheese-lover, go for this book.  If not, go for it anyway.  It's fun.

No comments: