Saturday, July 9, 2016

Sci Fi to die for

The Infinite Sea
by Rick Yancey

Rick Yancy has done it right this time!  The first book nearly did it for me and I wasn't sure I could stomach another.  It had it's moments but they were few and far between--hours of teenage angst, self-doubt, and soul searching that reminded me of the first book in the Twilight series.  The characters in a science fiction book don't all have to be Han Solo but neither do they have to be Bella Swan.

This series is science fiction with a human focus--my favorite.  Alien ships are circling the earth, ready to move in once all the pesky little humans are gone.  And the aliens choose some very unusual methods for removing us.

The first book concentrated on 'how'--this one on 'why'...and I'm still guessing.  Answers lead to more questions and it left me in burning curiosity to find out what the real answers are. I'm hooked for the duration.

No comments: