Thursday, August 17, 2017

Yes

Does this Beach Make Me Look Fat?
by


Should be subtitled, Lisa Scottoline and her daughter Francesca spin funnies. Lots of funny little tales, essays, and escapades from The Flying Scottolines.

I found them all charming and chuckle-worthy but seldom drop dead funny. Here's an excerpt from one where she explains that after seeing the movie Nonstop, she's suddenly becoming nervous when flying--
But when I looked around at the other passengers...they seemed not to realize that the world was about to end.
The captain got on the speaker and said things like "random air pockets," "being rerouted," "keep your seat belts fastened," but I was too stressed out to hear any of it, and all I can tell you is that it was the first flight I wouldn't get up to go to the bathroom.
I almost went in my seat.
Then the plane dropped suddenly, and I instinctively reached over and clutched the arm of the man next to me.
I say instinctive, but God knows if it's instinctive.
Maybe it's instinctive only for single women.
It gets funner on the return flight.

No comments: