Monday, January 15, 2018

Not resolutions--GOALS!

Here's a stretch goal for 2018--how about I try all the recipes saved in my ToTry folder?  I just counted--there are about 246 recipes, some saved recently and others for over a year. What's the point in saving them if I'm not going to try them?

Admittedly, a few are things I'd only make for guests--they're too elaborate or complicated to do for just us. But...did you catch the error in that statement? Would I ever try out an untried recipe on my poor, unsuspecting guests? Not really...although I've been known to. I did it at Christmas. But those were recipes from authors I trusted completely, and also they were the kind of recipes that can't really go very wrong. (Japchae by Maangchi and Chicken Adobo by the author of the norecipes.com blog)

Maybe I've already started. On Sunday I made Beans and Greens from the Rancho Gordo blog (note: I know the anchovies and rosemary are good for me, but do I really dig the taste of them in this dish? unsure) and the absolutely stupendous Butternut squash soup with coconut, miso and lime from Vegetable Literacy. I wanted to eat it all in one gulp!


Two down, 244 to go.

No comments: