Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Not exactly worthless but I wish I had my ten dollars back

Explorer's Guide to Wildlife Adventures
Hunt, J.Z. *

Purely a reference book--not something you'd read for fun. As a reference, I'm not sure how good it is because I haven't tried to go to any of the places it describes. Bear in mind that Eastern U.S. in this book doesn't include a lot of places I think of as "eastern U.S," -- it only means eight states along the eastern seaboard. Which isn't even all of them--what about Virginia? Is there no wildlife in Virginia?

At only 120 or so pages, with such short descriptions and very little details, I'd be inclined to call it worthless. Or at the most, okay but not worth the money. If you can pick it up at the library it might be worth a quick skim.

No comments: