Friday, January 8, 2021

Monday, Leaving Cedar Ridge. Again.

December 7, 2020

Edward was gone by five a.m. or earlier, so I got up to an empty bed and a bit of loneliness in the air. But just a bit--for once, I was eager to go home. I wanted to resume planning our springtime trips. Talking to Edward and trying to explain why we didn't feel enthusiastic about traveling far, on account of Covid, made me feel like we were wimping out. Very few states in our area have travel restrictions right now, and we aren't in contact with any other people when we travel. Yeah, we miss getting to go to restaurants and farmer's markets. We'd like to be able to hit a museum or two, or at least wander through some historic downtowns. But we can at least be outside, hanging with the turkeys.

The drive was good. Traffic on I-45 was pretty rough, but the 635 loop around Dallas was not too crowded. We were leaving the dump station (where we dumped and then hooked up the boat) by 11:23. I failed to note when we we arrived, but I finished backing the Jeep down the driveway at 3:23 so we probably arrived at about 3:05. I'll call it 3-1/2 hours--not bad at all.

NOTES
Fort Parker State Park sites are 30-amp only. Don't come here in summer.


No comments: