Monday, January 18, 2021

Not all that much

Jane Darrowfield, Professional Busybody

by Barbara Ross

I don't know. Sigh, hugely. I found this very enjoyable, but I don't see it going anywhere. She has another book in the series,, so I guess I'll read it before pronouncing judgement.

I really love the idea of an older lady as the amateur detective--I don't remember that she ever told her exact age, but I got the impression it was mid-fifties. She was old enough to convince the people in a retirement home that she might be moving there. But she never seems to complain about feeling old.

Never the mind--I like the idea and I liked her. And the plot was nice and twisty. All in all, everything you'd ask for in a cozy. So why wasn't I anxiously clamoring for another?

if I knew the answer to that, I'd know a lot more than I do now.


No comments: