Sunday, March 21, 2021

Flash, and three more

 Donna Ball Dogleg Island Mystery #1
(also #2, 3 and 4)

I suspected I was going to like these mysteries since I've like everything else she's written--so far. And I was right. She also has a few books of the "western" genre--I might try those next.

She tried an experiment in this series--nearly killing her main character in the very beginning. (That's not a spoiler; you'd know it from the cover) Oddly, the experiment worked--having the detective nearly die in the first episode left all sorts of problems for her to deal with. Very interesting.

Also she branched out in her dog characterization, letting the main dog have thoughts that we don't normally think of dogs having. It made me chuckle a time or two. But I like her writing well enough to give her a little "poetic license", if you will.

So to sum up, I loved them all. The plots are good, too, and none of the police people are total idiots.


No comments: