Sunday, June 12, 2022

Nudies on bikes

 Free Country

I was already a George Mahood fan, so I tentatively checked out this one, the only book of his I hadn't read. After his book an wedding photography, which wasn't funny at all, I was almost scared to try this one. It was his first book, before he'd even established himself as "a writer" in his own head. It could have turned out so badly....

But it didn't!  Just like their journey--he and a buddy set out in their pants (British for underpants) to bicycle up the length of England without spending any money. They didn't have bicycles, either. Or any other gear. How absurd a stunt is that?

You probably already know they pulled it off, just from reading the cover. So I'm not spoiling. But there are many different flavors of the phrase pulling it off--you'll just have to read the book for yourself to see how close they came to finishing the task. I'm not telling.

Loved every page of it.


No comments: