Tuesday, December 6, 2022

More good treasure series book

Treasure Under the Tree

by S W Hubbard



Another of the predictably good "Another Man's Treasure" series. I really like this author. She's got a few quirks that rub me the wrong way, like her insistence of having the black dude say "imma" from time to time--I guess she's trying to introduce dialect as a touch of realism. But she doesn't do that with any of her other characters.

And she seems to write in first person present tense most of the time. Which works...most of the time. Sometimes I find it jarring, especially at the start of a chapter.

But she's got a way of creating people you care about, and making them behave (mostly) sensibly and still get themselves into deep sh*t.  So when I say the books are predictably good, I mean that in all the best way. They're just Good.


No comments: