Friday, May 19, 2023

Humor while huffing and puffing

 
Excuse Me While I Disappear: Tales of Midlife Mayhem
by Laurie Notaro

Really very funny! Maybe not throughout, on every page, but I didn't expect that. But the times when I chuckled (maybe not out loud, but that's not something I normally do when listening to an audiobook), I felt like I had my money's worth.

I think even men would find this amusing. She doesn't bitch about men--oh, maybe occasionally, but not so much that I noticed it.  She doesn't really bitch about anything--her observations are expressed with more of a polite amusement. Like stealing the bag of potatoes in a grocery store because, after going gray, she suddenly became invisible. It's her superpower, she realizes. No one even sees her, let alone sees her accidentally wheeling away with a bag of potatoes under her cart.

So I liked this and might even want to listen to another one.


No comments: