Thursday, September 21, 2023

More K-9 mysteries, I'm afraid

Stray Trouble
by D L Keur

I should have written this review a month ago when I finished reading the book. I remember it favorably but don't remember why. Shoot!

I don't think it had the warm, friendly feeling that some of these K-9 mysteries series bring. And the dogs, despite all her attempts to give them a personality, are just names to me. Which is sad, because her rather huge dog pack that Jessie carts around where ever she goes, have a dynamic and a personality well worth bringing to the page. She needs to work on that.

The narrative jumps back and forth between Jessie and the police detective (I think) on the case. Maybe other people, too--I found myself hopelessly confused about who was who during the chapter jumps. But I like the main characters pretty well, he more than her, oddly enough, since she's clearly the lead.

But I've nothing substantial to complain about. I'll try one more of the series.


No comments: