Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Much better than the previous--good luck to me

 Ellie Dwyer's Change of Plans

by Diane Winger

Wow!  I really liked this one.  It didn't have much, if any, of the writing style issues of the previous book--in particular, the parts that were simple listings of where she camped and what trails she hiked, one after another with no enlivening details of fun, amusing or distressing happenings along the way. And also the main plot line of the previous book was awfully obvious from the beginning.

But this was really good!  Covid alert--if you don't want to relive the first year or so of the Coronavirus Pandemic, stay away! For me, it brought the memories back and since it was three years ago, I could be amused at how freaked out we all were. I was camping in a Texas State Park when the governor closed them all down and sent us streaming for home. And if I hadn't had a home to go to, it would have been catastrophic.

Nothing here was predictable or the slightest bit repetitive. It was very, very good and engaging throughout. A little scary at times, but fun!


No comments: