Sunday, April 28, 2024

Book review: Exit Interview

Exit Interview: The Life and Death of My Ambitious Career
by Kristi Coulter

How in the world did she remember all this?  She must have kept awfully great diaries! This is a really, really detailed (but in a good way) story of her years working at the fledgling Amazon.com.  If you read her other book, Nothing Good Can Come of This, you'll know that she was struggling with alcohol overuse during the first half or so of the time detailed here. She mentions those events but does not repeat what we already know--or would know, if we'd read the other book and I highly recommend we do.

It's a little hard to read at times, but only because you want to jump up and scream at the people she has to deal with--and you can't. Like her, you just have to sit there and take it. And then go cry in the restroom.

Never the less, she's a champ and I love everything she's written. Even when I hate it. And I definitely love this.

No comments: