Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Magnus in New Mexico, Day 11

 Thu 28 Mar

Drive to Brantley Lake State Park. We stayed there the previous year, on our Carlsbad trip in August.  At that time it was very hot--108 degrees I think? And pretty much empty. Very nice. 


But this time, not so much. It was almost full up with other campers and very few of them cared to keep their dogs on a leash. No close encounters, but I was on edge the whole time I was in oraround the campground.  

Molly and I took a decently long walk up the trail to the day use/boat launch area. It looked different but also the same as I remembered. But, of course, last time I was coming to it down the road and not over the hill.

Only a few birds. Kestrel.

The horrible drive took us over the Guadalupe Mountains and through much road constructions. Bleah!




No comments: