Monday, July 1, 2024

Review: Unruly

Unruly: A (Ridiculous) History of England's Kings and Queens
by David Mitchell

Funny!  And silly and awfully informative all the same. He stops at around the time Shakespeare lived and wrote, at about Charles 1.  I wish he hadn't!  I hope he writes a sequel--won't he?  I can't find the answer online.

He romps merrily through the era before kings and queens and then jumps into legend, fact and fiction with an adept hand. Not being an expert on the subject, I don't know how much of what he says has any basis in truth. But I suspect it mostly all does--I mean, what would be the point of writing such a marvelous book if it wasn't true?

The (Ridiculous) is in the title because that's how the book was labeled on Audible.  Don't know why Goodreads doesn't include it.

No comments: