Sunday, August 4, 2013

"The Immortal Life" could have been twice as long for me

Since I'm still a couple of books ahead of schedule, I snuck in another book that wasn't on the list.  I may suffer for this later, but right now I'm delighted.  I was a book not to be missed.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.

Science writing that reads like a novel.  A family history that might be your own.  A pair of unlikely detectives, pursuing history--the jagged, spotty, and sometimes dangerous history of the HeLa cells and the woman who created them.


It's hard to say anything more without giving away the plot--and doesn't that say it all?  this is a non-fiction book, do they even have plots?

You bet they do!

The only thing I didn't like about this book is that I bought it on Kindle.  I may have to buy a hard copy so I can loan it to all my friends.

No comments: