Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fridge death!


We knew last night the freezer wasn't maintaining temperature, but when I got home today the temp inside the fridge was 60 degrees.  I cussed and fussed and blew the house down, then started pulling out what was salvalgable to put in coolers and boxes on the front porch.  Low tonight is supposed to be 36--it will get colder than that out here in the swamp, but the front porch will be warmer due to the heat leaking out of the poorly insulated house...should average out at 36 which will preserve my lovely lettuces and sprouts and maybe some of the salad dressings and bottled stuff.  I think the dogs deserve the leftover barbeque.  The sliced deli turkey is going straight to the trash--it's bloated like a dead rat.

The main problem is going to be tomorrow.  High of 50.  I don't think it warrants taking a day off work....but I'm tempted to.


No comments: