Thursday, May 15, 2014

No foodie stuff for me

 I've been too discouraged to try vegan cooking this week, so instead I'm trying vegan eating. 

Subway's veggie sub with guacamole was skimpy and the guac tasted fake.  Chipotle's salad was excellent, as always.  Mooyah black bean burger with sauteed onions and mushrooms, plus sweet potato fries, was so good it was worth the hefty price tag.  I can't pretend it was good for me--my nose would grow.  Masala Wok's vegetable balls with spicy sauce and rice nearly made me cry...but what in the world was in those balls to make them taste so good?  Whatever resemblance to vegetables they might have had was pureed away to oblivion.

Oriental Express veggie deluxe with tofu and brown rice was excellent as always.


So far it's a tie between Chipotle and Oriental Express.  Next up, Sprouts deli, Tom Thumb deli, or Central Market.  Stay tuned.

No comments: