Sunday, October 2, 2016

More inspiration


My Year Of Running Dangerously:
A Dad, a Daughter, and a Ridiculous Plan

by

Optimistic to the point of ecstacy, this book is a perfect antidote to the downer that was What I Think About When I Think About Running.  I finished that book still not knowing why he ran. And especially not why he raced. It just seemed like something he did to keep fit.

Not so for Tom Foreman. He may have started off in order to help his daughter run a marathon, but he ended up in a whole 'nuther universe.  From reporter to runner in 180 days.  And that's only the first half of the book.

He ends up on such a monumentally positive note that it's hard to say anything critical at all about the book. Maybe I think the author overdid it a little in his training, but in no way did that hurt the story.  Who likes a wishy-washy writer, anyway?  He wasn't.  And neither was his family. In fact, the family story is almost half of the book and I loved it.

No comments: