Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wish I hadn't bothered finishing this

I shouldn't say anything, really I shouldn't. Okay, if you insist.

As much as you can dislike a book and still finish it, I did. But I couldn't stop reading--doesn't that say something good?  It's a wild and wacky story of a lawyer or legal assistant or something who got stuck with a lawsuit investigation or something and ended up meeting a sweet old lady with a cat. At some other point she woke up covered with grape cool-aid, in bed with her hot landlord. It seemed to be trying to be funny, but sadly, I didn't get the jokes.

Sorry not to like it--my requirements for a good mystery are character development, plot, and a protagonist who really gets into the mystery instead of just kicking around aimlessly happening upon clues.  If it had any of that, I'd have tried harder to laugh.

No comments: