Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A book for the want list!


Vegetable Literacy
by Deborah Madison

Great book in all respects.  All you ever wanted to know about pretty near all vegetables in North America, including how to prepare them, save them and cook them.  Even grains were included.  There were probably some glaring admissions of foods you can only find in an Asian market, like galangal or lemongrass, but I didn't notice the admission while I was reading it.

I didn't read through every recipe but I liked the way they were written, with plenty of advice.  For example telling you whether or not to peel the kohlrabi and giving hints on the best way to cut it into fine julienne.

I'd like of like to have a copy of this one, and since I'm trying to cut way down on the books I buy, that's high praise.

No comments: