Monday, July 9, 2018

Minor mystery, fun but forgettable

Seeds of Revenge
by Wendy Tyson

A little too dark for a cozy. The police detective was borderline unprofessional and prone to sharing details that a real detective wouldn't. The crime solvers were amateurs--likeable busybodies who became embroiled in the mystery through no fault of their own. They were fun, and smart, and fairly gutsy--worth a second try when I run out of other books to read. Also, the book had dogs--always a good thing--but the dogs didn't get to play a starring role.

Although I guessed the identity of the perpetrator halfway through, and my guess was confirmed several times (simply by the casual way they kept dismissing him as a suspect), I will admit that the puzzle of the books kept me engaged to the end.

Would I recommend it to my brother? Sadly, not. But if you're fond of light mysteries and like a series with some ongoing growth of the main characters, this may be for you.



No comments: