Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Having to wait on hold for this, but.

The Tuscan Child
by Rhys Bowen

I don't know. It was a good story--it flowed excellently well and the people were all so very lovely. But I don't think I fully understood the ending. I didn't even like the ending, much, but I can't tell you why because that would ruin it for  you. So I won't.

Be warned that the storyline flips pretty much chapter by chapter between then and now. Not my favorite narrative style and I didn't ever come to like the people in the then story--the now story was much better and it was set in a beautiful, idyllic countryside I'd love to visit. Lots of good food and local produce, too. Maybe she should have added the recipes and made a cookbook out of it.

JK. It's okay, I just didn't love it like I wanted to.

No comments: