Thursday, November 22, 2018

Recipe Reduction 24-22


Spinach Artichoke Tofu Quiche

This dish was pretty much doomed from the outset. I decided to make it crust-less, which is perfectly acceptable but misses the yummy, fattening crust. I refused to add the nutritional yeast because everything I've put nutritional yeast in comes out funny tasting. (Except popcorn) And I accidentally bought pickled artichokes. Should have stopped there and not


proceeded--the sharp taste of vinegar overpowered all other flavors.

It was edible, but I wouldn't serve it to friends.


 

Salmon with Ginger Pineapple Salsa

I made the salsa and I made the salmon, but couldn't bring myself to put them together. Sorry me!



It was a good salsa--spicy and rich and fresh. I've been using it as a salad dressing for the last couple of nights. It would be really good alongside spinach enchiladas or a plate of sizzling fajitas. But on salmon, the king of fish? Salmon's too good for this salsa. I like to eat salmon with just a hint of butter and garlic, topped with a drop of two of lemon juice. (Or lemon zest--should try that sometime!)

But i'm not going to overpower a lovely fillet of salmon with a Screaming Salsa.

 

Sinangag (Filipino Garlic Fried Rice)
 

There wasn't much going on here.  Fry a lot of minced garlic in oil, then somehow dip the garlic out and leave the oil. I should have used a strainer.

Add the leftover rice and fry for a while. When it's nice and brown, add a little soy sauce and some strips of fried egg and sliced green onions.  Serve with some of the crunchy garlic on top.

Okay first time around but made lousy leftovers. Not worth repeating.

No comments: