Thursday, January 17, 2019

Inspiring and funny too

Nothing Good Can Come From This
by Kristi Coulter

I was shocked when I started this--I'd already read it. But I had no record of it and it was worth a do-over, so I continued. And after the first two chapters, I discovered I hadn't.

What appears to have happened is that she wrote the first part into one or more blog posts and I'd read them there. Either a blog or a webpage of some sort. I'd enjoyed it very much the first time and I enjoyed the re-reading and especially the new sections that followed. It's sort of an "episodic memoir."  She takes us through parts of her life in whatever order that appeals to her--beginning with stopping drinking, then onto a challenging run up a cliff, sexism at her job, unhappy family life, attending an AA meeting because she wants to find a friend who understands what it's like.

If you want a sample of her writing, go read her hilarious--and strident--post about the Enjoli woman. She's not always this bitchy, but in this case, it's well-deserved. The link below is to a 'listen' site but if you scroll down, you can read it and not get caught laughing with your headphones on at work.
https://medium.com/@kristicoulter/https-medium-com-kristicoulter-the-24-hour-woman-3425ca5be19f#.rzye72lcn

No comments: