Monday, November 22, 2021

Adventures in Cooking, Uh Huh

 A few cooking adventures. A couple of weeks ago, I finally made Chrissy Tiegen's Oven Baked Zucchini Fries with Honey Mustard Ranch Dressing. They were remarkably good and exceedingly fattening. For a normal human being who isn't an ultramarathoner, the serving size should be "1/2 a fry with 1/2 tsp dressing". Sigh. Wish I was an ultramarathoner.



Then I tried the experiment from norecipes.com--Japanese Pork Steak. The white things on top are fried garlic chips. And the sauce is a heavy, sweetish barbeque sauce. I though they were too salty--salty to the point on inedibility. But Ed mixed his with rice and was fine with the results. Which is good, since I wasn't going to eat them anyway.

For myself, this marvelous soup! Creamy Thai Carrot Sweet Potato Soup. Yes, I'll admit it looks like a bowl of stewed orange color crayons. But it's yummy.




No comments: