Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Mammoth Heading to Brazos Bend State Park

 10/31 Sunday

The lake


We mostly just hung out at the park all day. Bob went fishing; Ed worked on his tire monitoring system. Theresa and I took a nice long walk out to a CCC building by the lake. Sadly, on the way Molly got bitten by an ant and had to 3-leg it most of the way. I checked many times but could not find a wound or a sticker, so I'm concluding that it was the ant she stepped on. I know that the trail was marked by innumerable hills of big red ants, and I know that when she stopped, sat down, and started biting madly at her rear paw, there was a mangled carcass of an ant on the ground where the paw had been. But I never heard of an ant bite hurting that badly.

She went on that way for most of the walk, even after I let her cool it in the lake (and roll herself in the mud). But gradually she started putting pad to ground again. An hour later, it was over.

 

CCC building

 

 

 

 

Pretty plants by lake




No comments: