Sunday, May 29, 2022

Mammoth at Eite Site, Day 6



Monday 5/16

No plans for the day, just visiting and a long dog jog. I got in over an hour by jogging up and down the highway in front of the church. And Molly didn't get to eat too much junk on the road. And we didn't get run over. Hurray.


I got a good look at a male summer tanager--I'm finally beginning to learn its peculiar call. It's rather distinctive. There were quite a few other bird songs in the trees, but none I could really get a look at. Except the red-eyed vireo--I finally got a good look at the red-eyed vireo!  I knew what it was from the song, but seeing it for myself was cool.



So here we have American Crow, Fish Crow, red-eyed vireo, white-breasted nuthatch, white-eyed vireo, Peewee, Indigo Bunting, American Robin and summer tanager. And a whole lot more, but nothing I could get a good look at.

And lots of ox-eye daisies


No comments: