Sunday, August 6, 2023

Catching up reviews

 Tailing a Tabby
by Laurie Cass

Cute little cozy about a librarian who convinces her overbearing and overcritical boss to let her have a bookmobile one day a week. Or maybe it's two.

She seems to know everyone in town and they all seem to play a part in the mystery. As to that, it's okay. Not something I liked well enough to remember if I really want to read another one or not. Darn.


 

The Echo of Old Books
by Barbara Davis 

Lovely...if you love a love story. I found myself skipping forward from time to time, just to get on with something interesting. Because a lot of it was interesting--the tracking down of the books' authors, the peculiar gift of the main character which other than getting the story started, played not nearly as much of a role as I'd hoped.

But going on and on with the minutiae of falling in love (or is it closer to lust?)  Not something I enjoyed. But it was very well done, so if that's your thing, go for it.


No comments: